Thursday, July 27, 2006

kitchen

I am coming to terms with the fact that no higher power is gonna come down and tell me what to do with my life. No person is going to hand me the map and tell me what to do with it. (Anyway it is debatable that I would even listen in the first place) I don't know what to do with this truth... no clue.

I am starting to think of this blog as my own personal chemistry lab. A place to pour acid and makes things explode, a place of linoleum and hard cold counters, everything resistent to damage. I once heard that a cook should never try a recipe for the first time if she is to serve it that night, so I guess just as this is my lab it is my kitchen. The place to forget baking soda, or the vanilla, and though you are guests you are not being served. You don't give the first draft to the audience... so here it is, ticks, grimaces, spinach in my teeth and all. Watch the glass on the floor and be careful of the hot pans. And if you can't stand the heat, well get the fuck out of my house.

(© Alice Ginsberg)

No comments: